What do I need to Travel to Bintan from Singapore?
Passport Validity of 6 months
Please ensure that your passport is valid for a minimum of 6 months from date of return.
For Singapore Passport Holders with passports expiring or have expired, please renew your passports early. Passport renewal may take 6 weeks or more based on recent easing of travel measures and hence overwhelming demand for passports.
Pre-Departure Test (PDT) – Not required For Fully Vaccinated Travellers as of 18 May 2022
PCR Test / Supervised ART Test (Before & On Arrival) COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction test (PCR test) at an internationally accredited or recognised lab/clinic/medical facility (estimated S$100 per test); OR Antigen Rapid Test (ART) that is (Effective from 19 April 2022): Administered by a trained professional (estimated S$40 per test); or Passengers who have not travelled out of Singapore for minimum 14-days & is fully vaccinated may present a self-administered Antigen Rapid Test (ART) remotely supervised by an approved ART provider in Singapore. Please refer to MOH’s listing of remote supervised self-swab providers to schedule your appointment. (estimated S$15< per test)
Proof of vaccination
All travellers must produce a physical or digital proof of minimum two (2) doses of COVID-19 vaccination completed at least fourteen (14) days before departure
Travellers under eighteen (18) years of age traveling with fully vaccinated adults will be exempted from this requirement.
For travellers that were vaccinated in Singapore, you may retrieve your Covid-vaccination report via Health Hub or get a digital proof of the vaccination via Notarise. On Notarise, select Vaccination certificate and login with your Singpass.
tourist visa (Not applicable for Singaporeans & Asean Nationality)
Singapore & Indonesian Citizens do not need a visa in entering to Bintan
Other foreign nationals must obtain the relevant entry-visa to Indonesia in advance to be eligible for travel bubble. Please refer to section above on Which Nationalities are Allowed to Travel to Bintan Now?
Travel insurance with COVID-19 coverage of at least SGD 20,000 (Recommended And No Longer Compulsory From 8 June 2022)
It is stated that it is mandatory for all Foreign Nationals travelling into Indonesia to have a travel insurance with COVID-19 coverage of SGD 20,000. Do ensure that you have purchased your travel insurance in Singapore if travel insurance is not included in your Bintan travel package.
Health Declaration & Tracing Programme
Download Indonesia’s Covid-19 Health Tracing Programme (Peduli Lindungi)
Fill up e-HAC health declaration
- eHAC is a mandatory COVID health declaration for Indonesia that all travellers must complete before entering the country.
- You can fill up the online form available from the official Indonesian Health Alert Card website or download the eHAC Indonesia app on your phone via the Apple app store or Google Play store
- Failure to present an eHAC at the immigration checks may result in the passenger being turned away and refused entry/boarding.
Which Nationalities Are Allowed To Travel To Bintan Now?
1. Free Visa (Visa Exemption Arrangement) For 14 Days For ASEAN Nationalities
- Brunei Darussalam
2 Visa On Arrival (1DR 500,000) For 30 Days For The Following Nationalities:
|Brazil||Hungary||New Zealand||South Korea||Turkey|
*Visa on Arrival is extendable but Visa Exemption Arrangement (For ASEAN Countries) is not extendable. Consider getting the Visa on Arrival if your trip to Bintan is more than 14 days.
*All other nationalities that are not listed in the table above will require to apply for Visa with the Indonesian Embassy.
- 6 April 2022: The Indonesian Goverment has Updated list of port of entry for Visa on Arrival and Visa Exemption Arrangement for Tourism Purpose.
- For complete and detailed information please refer to the original circulars
Do I need to serve a Stay Home Notice upon return to Singapore from Bintan?
No, you do not need to serve a stay home notice upon your return. This is provided that you are eligible for VTL (Sea) and fulfil the requirements in the safe travel checklist. If requirements are not followed, Singaporeans and Singapore PRs will be subjected to prevailing Stay-Home Notice and testing requirements, and all other foreign nationals may be denied entry into Singapore.
- Arrive in Singapore on a designated VTL (Sea) ferry operated by Bintan Resort Ferries.
- Take Pre-departure COVID-19 Test (PDT) (✕ Aged two or below. ✕ Recently recovered from COVID-19 are eligible for pre-departure test waiver)
- Submit Health Declaration (✕ SC/PRs who are vaccinated in Singapore ✕ Long-term pass holders and short-term visitors)
- Undergo on-arrival COVID-19 ART test at Quick Test Centres or Combined Test Centres within 24 hours of arrival and remain self-isolated until their test result is confirmed to be negative. (✕ Does not apply to children aged two and below. ✕ Fully vaccinated travellers who recently recovered from COVID-19 may qualify for exemption from the on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test and other inland border measures. Use this self-checker tool to determine if you qualify.)
✕ indicates Not applicable to/for